Almost everyone knows the health benefits of a good breakfast. Even knowing that most of the time we skip our healthy breakfast, as we think we have very little time for it. It is essential to take breakfast because of 6 to 8 hours night sleep; our body remains on deficient energy, and it expects some healthy food. In different healthy meals, muesli cereals are one of them.
There are many healthy nutrients such as fibers, vitamins and carbohydrates in muesli. It contains grains, nuts and several fruits, so you do not have to eat it so much and still feeling healthy and full. By adding some yogurt you can make muesli even more delicious.
As we know, carbohydrates are beneficial in providing health to your body, and fibers are necessary for proper bowel function without producing many calories.
Is Muesli Healthy?
It depends on what kind of muesli you eat. It isn’t always necessary to buy ready-made muesli which comes packed but can make at home instead. The homemade muesli will only have the ingredients which you know about. It is healthy for you as compared to sugar-filled muesli brands which might be harmful to you instead of making you healthy.
But if you select an excellent brand which has less or limited sugars, even if it is box packed in stores, it can still be healthier for you. It saves your time and gives you required energy. A healthy breakfast should contain somewhere from 350 to 400 kcal, which can be achieved from around 50 grams of muesli.
Some of the common ingredients in muesli including nuts which contain good fats are good for heart health and blood vessels. However, you shouldn’t overeat as it might cause negative symptoms for health.
Based on your preferences, you can use different ingredients to make healthy muesli at home. These ingredients may include: Barley, wheat, oats and rye flour etc. If you want to keep muesli to last for long time, you should keep it dry.
Here is the list of top 10 muesli cereals. Some of these are best-selling and others are top rated. Please continue reading:
- It contains toasted whole barley, whole wheat and whole oats which are mixed with raisins almonds and dates also.
- This is a good source of eleven essential vitamins and minerals and this fiber rich and low fat food provides 100 percent daily allowance of folic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 as well.
Mueslix by Kellogg’s contains whole wheat, whole oats and barley and this healthy breakfast provides a combination of 11 essential vitamins and minerals. This gives you a great taste and it lowers the risks of heart disease and obesity. The healthy breakfast gives more energy to your kids and they become more alert in their education and their memory becomes improved.
- This is healthy gluten-free muesli.
- It contains whole grains.
Gluten Free Muesli by Bob’s Red Mill is based on a cereal which was originally developed over hundred years ago by a Swiss nutritionist. It can be used as a hot or cold breakfast by using yogurt or milk. This gluten-free muesli is a mixture of brown rice crisps, rolled oats, dried apples, cranberries, raisins, the sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes and roasted soy beans also. It is designed for those who are sensitive to gluten and wheat and it contains all natural ingredients.
- This pack is designed to make five servings by using each 1/2 cup.
- It is a good source of fiber and its ingredients are cranberries, flame raisins and cherries.
Dorset Cereals Muesli Berries and Cherries is made by using juicy raisins, sultanas, flame raisins, the finest barley, oats & wheat flakes, cranberries, blackcurrants, raspberries & cherries. You can enjoy this cereal by using yogurt or milk, and even with the fruit juices.
- This was developed originally in the late 1800’s by a Swiss nutritionist.
- It is made from a blend of whole grains, nuts, seeds and dried fruits.
Old ctry Style Muesli by Bob’s Red Mill is a delightful cereal and high in nutrition and made from combination of grain rolled oats, rye, wheat, triticale, barley, dates which are sweet & chewy, almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- This is an all natural cereal which is loaded with European raspberries.
- It is good source of fiber and is wheat free.
- It can be enjoyed by using milk, yogurt, and plain or with any juices.
- It doesn’t contain any trans fat, no preservatives and colors, cholesterol free and doesn’t contain any sugar or flavors.
Seitenbacher Muesli #2 Berries Temptation European Raspberries can be enjoyed by yogurt, milk, can be used plain or with juices. It is cholesterol-free, sugar-free, doesn’t contain flavors or colors. It can be used as a healthy breakfast or a full size meal.
- This muesli rusks is a pack of 2 x 500g value.
- These rusks can be enjoyed by dunking.
Ouma Muesli Rusks are crunchie rusks which are made for your coffee and tea and you can enjoy by dunking these. These are South African Snacks and are pack of 2 x 500g.
- This muesli is made from blend of finest grains & select fruits and nuts and it contains high quality Swiss ingredients.
- It provides an excellent source of Vitamin E, B complex, protein and fiber.
Swiss Crunch Muesli by Familia contains roasted clusters which are made from oats, hazelnuts, spelt and multigrain cereal crispies sweetened with honey. This muesli cereal is great source of protein, fiber Vitamin E and B complex.
- It is made in Europe and it contains 2 packs 1kg (35 ounce boxes).
- It contains low sodium and is high in fibre.
Swissli Muesli 35% Fruit & Nuts is European muesli and it contains a delicious blend of nuts and dried fruits. It is pack of 2 (1kg – 35 ounces) boxes. This muesli can be used as snack and can be enjoyed with yogurt with great taste.
- It is produced in a gluten-free facility and the ingredients used in it are gluten-free.
- It is made from 100 percent whole grains and does not contain any trans fat, dyes, preservatives or sodium.
- This muesli can be prepared easily and it is cholesterol-free.
Morning Zen Gluten Free Muesli by Evoke is made in a gluten-free facility and made from 100 percent whole grains. It contains: certified gluten-free rolled oats, cranberries, raisins, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and almonds etc and it is highly nutritious and contains so much fiber and protein and it is great in taste.
- This Irish muesli is a healthy breakfast for you.
- You can add hot or cold milk for a delicious breakfast.
- It is low in sodium and is good source of dietary fibre.
Irish Muesli by LifeForce is easy to prepare and provides great taste whether you use hot milk or cold milk. This healthy muesli is good source of dietary fibre and it is made from finest Irish grown cereals and it is low in sodium as well.
Is Muesli Healthy?
As compared to certain breakfast cereals; muesli contains fewer calories and sugar, and it has high fiber.
It contains nuts and different healthy antioxidants, and in this case, it is a healthy breakfast cereal.
Muesli can also become unhealthy for you if you add so much sugar as many people do. Many packed brands are unhealthy if you do not read the ingredients wisely. Always go with low sugars and high fiber ones.
Health Benefits of Muesli:
There is the number of muesli cereal benefits and here are some:
Contains Ingredients Which Help Lose Weight:
Muesli contains most of the healthy ingredients like nuts and many others with vitamin B2, which helps promotes proper fat metabolism. This way you burn more calories, and you lose some weight and to have the appropriate digestive system.
Promotes Hair Health:
Even though you walk around the polluted area and get your hair messed up with dirt and pollution, the healthy ingredients in muesli can keep your hair healthy.
Healthy for Skin:
If you have an oat-based muesli cereal, it contains a mineral called Silica which keeps your skin beautiful. It makes muesli a healthy cereal for you for your overall health and nutritional needs.